KLF Legal can assist in the legal oversight of a client’s social media endeavors, including:
- Client-sponsored media such as company websites, Twitter accounts, and YouTube;
- Social media interaction between Client and the public/third parties; and,
- Employee participation in social media, as site user and/or site administrator.
Working independently or with client’s staff, our role can include:
- Development and management of documentation for Client web initiatives (internal and external).
- Help protect intellectual property in the world of social media.
- Consolidate, identify and address legal issues presented in content submissions.
- Help establish consistent processes for vetting and replying to comments in interactive environments (websites, Twitter, etc) and promote consistency of policy implementation and risk-related practices.
- Serve as a resource for Client’s business areas and business counsel as to inquiries regarding legal risks and parameters for social media.
Avoiding the Legal Pitfalls of Using Blogs for Inbound Marketing (slideshow)