Any company today that does business online needs to understand the ever-changing legal issues surrounding the Internet. Contracts, consumer protection, internet marketing, privacy, data security, and software development are all complex issues that require an experienced attorney. We handle a wide range of Internet-related issues including:
- Website Terms and Conditions
- Privacy policies and procedures
- Social Media policies and procedures
- Sales, Leases, and disputes involving domain names and Cyber-squatting
- DMCA and 17 U.S.C 512 letters
- Trademark and copyright matters
- Software as a Service (SaaS) Law and Agreements
- Privacy issues
- Internet advertising and marketing
- Spam and commercial e-mail issues
- Establishing a web-based business
- Contracts and licensing agreements
- FTC compliance for bloggers
- Affiliate Marketing Programs
- Pay-per-click advertising, unfair Internet Business practices, and Internet scams
- Reputation management and defamation
- Website development and design contracts
KLF Legal can assist in the legal oversight of a client’s social media endeavors, including:
- Client-sponsored media such as company websites, Twitter accounts, and YouTube;
- Social media interaction between Client and the public/third parties; and,
- Employee participation in social media, as site user and/or site administrator.
Working independently or with client’s staff, our role can include:
- Development and management of documentation for Client web initiatives (internal and external).
- Help protect intellectual property in the world of social media.
- Consolidate, identify and address legal issues presented in content submissions.
- Help establish consistent processes for vetting and replying to comments in interactive environments (websites, Twitter, etc) and promote consistency of policy implementation and risk-related practices.
- Serve as a resource for Client’s business areas and business counsel as to inquiries regarding legal risks and parameters for social media.
Avoiding the Legal Pitfalls of Using Blogs for Inbound Marketing (slideshow)